November 5, 2004Among other things, this indicates that the Republicans were right about the quality of their "ground game" and hammers home the point that a high turnout no longer guarantees anything. Then again, if more young people had voted. . .
As a part of the hardest working, most efficient team in the history of politics, you helped Republicans all across the country achieve victory this election cycle.
President Bush won a historic victory, defeating John Kerry by more than 3.5 million votes, 58.6 million to 55.1 million (51% to 48%) and winning the Electoral College 286 to 252.
In doing so, President Bush:• Becomes the first presidential candidate to win more than 50% of the popular vote since 1988;Your hard work made this possible. We had the best volunteer grassroots organization activating the most sophisticated voter contact strategy in campaign history.
• Received the most votes by any presidential candidate in history-over 58 million;
• Becomes the first President re-elected while gaining seats in the House and the Senate since 1936, and the first Republican President to be re-elected with House and Senate majorities since 1924; and
• Garnered 7 million more popular votes than in 2000-more than twice the amount that President Clinton increased his vote between 1992 and 1996.
Your efforts are astounding:•1.2 million volunteers made over 15 million contacts, knocking on doors and making calls in the 72 hours before the polls closed;For the first time in modern politics an equal number of Republicans and Democrats turned out for a presidential election.
• 7.2 million e-activists were contacting their family, friends, co-workers;
• The RNC registered 3.4 million new voters, enlisted 1.4 million Team Leaders, and contacted-on a person to person basis-30 million Americans in the months leading up to and including Election Day, and
• In the final 72 hours we met 129 % of our door-knocking goal; and met 120 % of our phone-calling goal.
We saw the impact of the President's convincing win in other races across the country. We increased our majorities in the U.S. House and U.S. Senate, captured two Governor's races, won the Georgia House and the Tennessee Senate for the first time since Reconstruction, and won the Oklahoma House for the first time in 83 years.
In summary, Republicans improved our standing in key demographic groups and geographic areas, and President Bush won a mandate.
Your efforts made a real difference. Every new voter you registered, every door you knocked on, every phone call you made, and every email you forwarded--can be seen in the results! President George W. Bush will lead this great country of ours for four more years and you helped make that happen!
The Grapes of Rage
"Can a society which is incapable of protecting individual privacy even within one's four walls rightfully claim that it respects the individual and…
These are strange and stressful times for all of us. But I feel simultaneously more prepared and less able to deal with this state of emergency.…
My daughter went to Las Vegas with friends this afternoon. Her mom is staying late at her downtown studio. My dad is asleep at his facility. And I…