1) Saw a bald eagle being attacked by peregrine falcon on the Fourth of July;Once you start this sort of exercise, it's hard to stop. But I'll keep it at ten out of respect for the sanctity of the meme.
2) Won a book-writing contest in the second grade for my Franz Klammer Wins the Gold and then got to to go to a Bucks County-wide event in a super-rich school district that frightened me;
3) Had Kurt Cobain count down to New Year's Day 1994, the year he died;
4) Received a "fan mail" from cyberpunk author Bruce Sterling for a piece I published in Bad Subjects;
5) Spent several nighttime hours on a bench behind Rodin's "The Thinker" at San Francisco's Palace of the Legion of Honor, writing in my journal and wondering whether the police were going to arrest me for trespassing;
6) Had sex with my future bride in an ochre Chevy Citation at a cold, deserted Marin County beach ;
7) Managed to get lost walking around Venice, Italy at night, just like they do in the movies;
8) Took my daughter with me to file my dissertation and gave her the congratulations lollipop all UC Berkeley Ph.D.s receive;
9) Hit a grand slam in a Little League baseball game;
10) Drove The Melvins in our 1996 VW Passat station wagon -- "Old Red" -- from Tim Green's studio to the Haight and perused the used foreign films with them at Amoeba Records.