Thanks to the help you provided in response to my last entry and the realization that I am capable, when pressed, of figuring extremely basic problems with code out on my own -- all hail Turbo Pascal -- I figured out how to embed video from the Internet Archive in my LJ entries with splash image a la YouTube so that they will not play until you, my readers, wish them to do so. My previous entry showed how the code looked before the fix. And here's how it looks now, with the minor but crucial changes I made indicated in magenta:
Remember if you want to follow my lead to replace the URL for the splash image. I made mine with a screen shot. Oh, and here's the link to my original entry, if you want to see how it works.