• Watching all the kids ride their bikes
• Kim's risotto
• Laura's hummus
• Taking a break with Jesse Gill in the backyard
• Getting attacked by the fearsome foursome
• My wife's "Chicago" green ensemble
• Carlos making his hippo say, "Don't look at me!"
• Etienne and Alice fixating on each other
• Sarah's orange skirt
• Talking to Aurelie about her book
• Laura's delightful friend Scott
• Partially overhearing Eric's various sofa conversations
• Olivier's French-inflected anarchist prouncements
• Nana's ability to chat to anyone about anything
• Reed talking about the NBA playoffs
• Sean not knowing whether he needed to dress fabulously
• Lina's bemused expression watching her husband frolic with the youngsters
• Skylar handing out "gifts" to the adults in the front room
• Joanna's post-hooding look of relief
• Papa stopping by to see Kim's garden
• Hannah overcoming her fear to ride her slightly-too-big bicycle with the help of her stalwart dad Gill,
• Beth coming outside to hang with the rest of the mothers
• Natasha's dip
• Yuanyuan noting how rapidly children seem to have grown when you don't see them for a few months
• Des's primal drive for toys
It looks like a Critical Mass demonstration, doesn't it?
Yuanyuan, freshly graduated with her music degree -- hooray! -- and Eric make a photogenic couple.
Next year's "Women of Manzanita Elementary" ride side by side.
If Seurat had lived to see the pleasures of stomp rockets, he might have painted a scene like this one.
Eric demonstrates how to handle the professor-graduate student relationship with the help of the redoubtable "Sean on the cob."